Pak violates ceasefire again, fires on Indian post
The Indian troops effectively retaliated the firing from the other side. However, there were no casualties.
Poonch: Pakistan troopers on Monday fired on Indian position along the Line of Control in Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir. The firing lasted for around three minutes.
However, no casualties were reported in the incident.
According to an Army officer, the firing from the Pakistani side at Indian forward posts began around 7.45 pm.
There were no casualties or damages on the Indian side, the officer said, adding that the Indian troops effectively retaliated the firing from the other side. The small arms fire was going on at intermittent intervals, the officer added.
This came a day after Pakistan Rangers fired on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu sector on Sunday night.
The firing came close on the heels of the detection of 400-metre long Pakistani tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba sector on July 28 and subsequent lodging of strong protest over the issue by India on July 31.
(With Additional Inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- Stuttgart Open: Maria Sharapova Marks Comeback From Ban With Win
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It