Diesel to get cheaper by 85 paise/litre in Bihar
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said on Tuesday that tax on diesel will be reduced so that farmers do not suffer.
New Delhi: Diesel will now be cheaper in Bihar by 85 paise per litre after the state government reduced the Value Added Tax (VAT) from the existing 18 per cent to 16 per cent. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said on Tuesday that tax on diesel will be reduced so that farmers do not suffer.
"There will be reduction in the price of diesel in Bihar as the state government has decided on principle to modify the VAT rate on the fuel product," Nitish had said.
Nitish had also reiterated demand for grant of special category status to Bihar to tide over economic backwardness.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record