DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cabinet clears Rs 4000 cr grant for fighting encephalitis
CNN-IBN had reported how over 400 people died of encephalitis this year.
New Delhi: Union Cabinet on Thursday cleared Rs 4,000-crore joint action plan for tackling Japanese Encephalitis. CNN-IBN had reported how over 400 people died of encephalitis this year. The GoM had in November last year made certain recommendations for tackling the deadly virus which has affected over 6,300 persons across the country till September. The authorities have so far not been able to identify the virus in the worst affected states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Among some of the recommendations made by the GoM are provision of safe drinking water to the affected persons by replacing shallow tubewells with deep tubewells and providing proper sanitation facilities in high-risk districts, besides setting up improved health facilities and step-up of vaccination of children in the area.
The GoM also recommended the provision of improved health management systems to tackle JE/AES, improve nutrition of the affected people and undertake their rehabilitation, besides helping people in affected areas to find alternative means of livelihood for pig-rearing population and set up special schools for mentally challenged children.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Hosts Lose 6 Wickets For 20
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar