Mumbai: Chargesheet filed in Pallavi Purkayastha case
Pallavi was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat in 'Himalayan Heights' building at Wadala in Central Mumbai in August this year.
Mumbai: Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet in the Pallavi Purkayastha murder case. Pallavi was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat in 'Himalayan Heights' building at Wadala in Central Mumbai in August this year. She was allegedly murdered by her watchman who had tried to sexually abuse her.
Pallavi (25), daughter of IAS officer Atanu Purkayastha, joint secretary in the Agriculture ministry, was found lying in a pool of blood by her live-in partner Avik Sengupta.
Sajjad Ahmed Mughal (22), a native of Uri in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, stole the keys to the flat of Purkayastha, tried to force himself on her, and brutally stabbed her to death when faced with stiff resistance, police had said.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof