Mumbai: Chargesheet filed in Pallavi Purkayastha case
Pallavi was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat in 'Himalayan Heights' building at Wadala in Central Mumbai in August this year.
Mumbai: Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet in the Pallavi Purkayastha murder case. Pallavi was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat in 'Himalayan Heights' building at Wadala in Central Mumbai in August this year. She was allegedly murdered by her watchman who had tried to sexually abuse her.
Pallavi (25), daughter of IAS officer Atanu Purkayastha, joint secretary in the Agriculture ministry, was found lying in a pool of blood by her live-in partner Avik Sengupta.
Sajjad Ahmed Mughal (22), a native of Uri in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, stole the keys to the flat of Purkayastha, tried to force himself on her, and brutally stabbed her to death when faced with stiff resistance, police had said.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner