DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: Chargesheet filed in Pallavi Purkayastha case
Pallavi was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat in 'Himalayan Heights' building at Wadala in Central Mumbai in August this year.
Mumbai: Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet in the Pallavi Purkayastha murder case. Pallavi was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat in 'Himalayan Heights' building at Wadala in Central Mumbai in August this year. She was allegedly murdered by her watchman who had tried to sexually abuse her.
Pallavi (25), daughter of IAS officer Atanu Purkayastha, joint secretary in the Agriculture ministry, was found lying in a pool of blood by her live-in partner Avik Sengupta.
Sajjad Ahmed Mughal (22), a native of Uri in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, stole the keys to the flat of Purkayastha, tried to force himself on her, and brutally stabbed her to death when faced with stiff resistance, police had said.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Happy Birthday Ravi Shastri: Five Popular Commentary Gems