Bhandara rape: School headmaster failed to alert family about missing girls, suspended
Three sisters, all minors were allegedly raped and murdered in Bhandara and their bodies were dumped in a well.
Bhandara: Eight days after the shocking incident of rape and murder of three minor girls in Bhandara district in Maharashtra, the government finally acted and suspended the headmaster of the school where two of the sisters studied.
The school headmaster was suspended as he failed to alert the family and police when the girls went missing on February 14. The two girls were not present at the time when the mid-day meal was being served, though their bags were in the class.
Three sisters, all minors were allegedly raped and murdered in Bhandara and their bodies were dumped in a well. Preliminary post-mortem report had confirmed that the girls were raped before being murdered.
Enraged villagers demanding a swift probe blocked the National Highway 6 for over four hours on Wednesday, while a bandh was called in the district. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh and senior police officials have been rushed in to oversee the investigation.
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Saqlain Mushtaq Hired as Spin Consultant for England's India Tour
- 2nd Test: Yasir Shah Spins Pakistan to Series-clinching Win Vs West Indies
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead