Pakistan: Pervez Musharraf arrested from his farmhouse
Teams of police and Pakistan Rangers are stationed outside Musharraf's farmhouse.
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has been arrested from his farmhouse at Chak Shahzad and he has been presented before a judicial magistrate. According to Pakistan news channel GEO News, Musharraf has left the court complex and is waiting for court orders to be pronounced.
There is a heavy deployment of police and Pakistan Rangers outside Musharraf's farmhouse. The court reportedly asked the police to explain why Musharraf was not handcuffed and said that he is another civilian. Islamabad High Court Judge pulled up the police and asked the IG Police, "Who is responsible for letting Musharraf flee the court on Thursday." The court told the police that their carelessness led to a mockery of the judicial system.
Musharraf had been put under house arrest after a court cancelled his bail order on Thursday. The Islamabad High Court had ordered the arrest of the former army chief in a case over the imposition of emergency rule in 2007.
In a dramatic escape, Musharraf's security personnel had whisked him away from the court complex before the police could take him into custody. Earlier this week, Musharraf was also disqualified by the election commission from running in next month's general election.
Musharraf, 69, appeared in court on Thursday morning for the extension of his interim bail in a case related to the sacking of over 60 judges during the 2007 emergency. However, Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui rejected his application and ordered police to arrest him.
Musharraf, who returned home on March 24 after nearly four years in self-exile, had personally appeared before a division bench of the Lahore High Court in Rawalpindi for the extension of his bail over allegations that he failed to provide adequate security to Bhutto in 2007.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan