Aarushi-Hemraj case: Talwars seek stay on recording of statement
Nupur and Rajesh Talwar moved a petition saying that the CBI hasn't called 14 other witnesses including UP ADG Arun Prakash.
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar on Tuesday sought stay on recording of statement in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case till the proceedings are over in the Supreme Court. The special CBI court hearing the double murder case was scheduled to record statements of the teenager's parents on Tuesday.
Talwars moved a Special leave petition (SLP) in the apex court saying that the CBI hasn't called 14 other witnesses including UP ADG Arun Prakash who was the earlier the Joint Director of CBI.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal had earlier rejected the defence counsel's plea, which demanded that 13 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
The court rejected defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused. Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had told the court that teenager Aarushi Talwar's murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and no outsider was present. In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person's entry in the house.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18