DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SC rejects plea challenging SK Sharma's appointment as CAG
The petition was filed by former CEC Gopalaswami on the grounds of conflict of interest.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday refused to entertain a PIL challenging the appointment Shashi Kant sharma as Comptroller Aauditor General. The petition was filed by former CEC Gopalaswami on the grounds of conflict of interest.
The apex court asked the petitioner to approach the Delhi High court and not the Supreme court on the matter.
Sharma on May 23 was sworn in as CAG by President Pranab Mukherjee in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
The 61-year old 1976 Bihar cadre IAS officer replaced Vinod Rai, who superannuated after a five-and-a-half year eventful tenure as the head of the CAG.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere