SC rejects plea challenging SK Sharma's appointment as CAG
The petition was filed by former CEC Gopalaswami on the grounds of conflict of interest.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday refused to entertain a PIL challenging the appointment Shashi Kant sharma as Comptroller Aauditor General. The petition was filed by former CEC Gopalaswami on the grounds of conflict of interest.
The apex court asked the petitioner to approach the Delhi High court and not the Supreme court on the matter.
Sharma on May 23 was sworn in as CAG by President Pranab Mukherjee in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
The 61-year old 1976 Bihar cadre IAS officer replaced Vinod Rai, who superannuated after a five-and-a-half year eventful tenure as the head of the CAG.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion