CD controversy: worried Anna writes to Sonia
Anna Hazare has now taken fight against corruption straight to Sonia Gandhi's doors.
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has given Shanti Bhushan a clean chit even as Amar Singh targets the father son duo. The party said there was no conversation between Mulayam Singh and Shanti Bhushan.
Meanwhile, with the Shantibhushan CD controversy casting a shadow on civil society's fight against corruption, Anna Hazare has now taken fight against corruption straight to Sonia Gandhi's doors.
Hazare has written to the UPA chief about the smear campaign against lokpal activitists and the way it's misleading the media and society.
"Developments of past few days have been a cause of concern. It seems that the corrupt forces in the country have united to derail the process of drafting an effective anti corruption law. Their strategy is to smear the reputation of civil society members. Fabricated CDs are being planted to tarnish the reputation," said the letter.
Digvijay Singh has been critical of the recent civil society protest at Jantar Mantar, saying if they could spend lakhs in just four days of protest, then they have no right to ask politicians to fight elections with a very limited budget.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test