Rajiv Gandhi's assassin Nalini meets husband
This is Nalini's first meeting with Murugan after the President rejected his mercy plea.
Vellore: Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi's assassins Nalini Sriharan met her husband Murugan at Vellore jail on Saturday morning. This is Nalini's first meeting with Murugan after the President rejected his mercy plea in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Nalini was shifted to Vellore Jail a few days ago and had not met her husband for over a year.
The Madras High Court had ordered a stay on the hanging of Murugan alias Sriharan, Santhan and Perarivalan alias Arivu convicted for Rajiv Gandhi's assassination for another eight weeks on August 30, giving them a brief reprieve.
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM