Rajiv Gandhi's assassin Nalini meets husband
This is Nalini's first meeting with Murugan after the President rejected his mercy plea.
Vellore: Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi's assassins Nalini Sriharan met her husband Murugan at Vellore jail on Saturday morning. This is Nalini's first meeting with Murugan after the President rejected his mercy plea in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Nalini was shifted to Vellore Jail a few days ago and had not met her husband for over a year.
The Madras High Court had ordered a stay on the hanging of Murugan alias Sriharan, Santhan and Perarivalan alias Arivu convicted for Rajiv Gandhi's assassination for another eight weeks on August 30, giving them a brief reprieve.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away