Bellary illegal mining: OMC Director arrested
Rajshekhar is the brother-in-law of VD Rajagopal who is already in CBI custody in the same case.
New Delhi: Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) Director D Rajshekhar has been arrested in the Bellary illegal mining case on Friday morning. He is the brother-in-law of VD Rajagopal who is already in CBI custody in the same case.
The CBI arrested VD Rajagopal, the former vice-chairman and managing director (in-charge) of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation on November 13
Rajagopal is the third person to be arrested in the OMC case, after former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, who owns OMC, and the firm's Managing Director, BV Srinivas Reddy. The two were arrested on September 5.
The CBI found irregularities in certain leases given to OMC between 2005 and 2009 when Srilakshmi was the secretary of Andhra Pradesh Industries Department.
The agency earlier recorded his statement and searched his residence. Srilakshmi is Commissioner (Health) at present.
OMC is accused of changing mining lease boundary markings in Andhra Pradesh- Karnataka border area, and of illegal mining in Bellary Reserve Forest area.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season