Cash row: Karmapa, 9 others chargesheeted
Rs 7 crore worth foreign currency was recovered from spiritual leader Karmapa Lama's monastery in Dharamshala.
New Delhi: A chargesheet was filed against spiritual leader Karmapa Lama and nine others in the case pertaining of recovery of foreign currency from the Karmapa monastery.
The monastery in Dharamshala was in news when police recovered foreign currency worth Rs 7 crore during a raid at Karmapa's office.
Himachal Pradesh government has also attached the property of Gyuto monastery of the 17th Karmapa Lama, Ugyen Trinley Dorje, at Sidhbari.
Tibetans across the country also held protest rallies in support of their religious leader after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioned him earlier.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw