Diplomat attack: India to take it up with China
The diplomat was trying to secure the release of 2 Indians who were held hostage by locals for non-payment of dues.
New Delhi: India has taken serious note of the attack on an Indian diplomat in a Chinese court by some local traders. Indian embassy officials are apparently in a meeting with officials from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing.
Sources have said that the Ministry of External Affairs has summoned Chinese diplomat on the incident.
The Indian Counsulate in Shanghai protested to the Yiwu local government officials.
Meanwhile, sources said that diplomat S Balachandran is recovering from attack and is back home in Shanghai now.
He was attacked by a host of Chinese traders after he tried to secure the release of two Indians who were held hostage by the traders for non-payment of dues.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category