Justice yet to come: Anuj Bidve's father
Family of slain Indian student Anuj Bidve on Thursday visited the UK Parliament.
New Delhi: Family of slain Indian student Anuj Bidve on Thursday visited the UK Parliament. Anuj's father Subhash Bidve said that justice is yet to come and at this point he can't say that he is satisfied with the progress.
"I humbly request to make sure that students who come here can study here and go back to their countries. I am very thankful and obliged to everyone. Justice is yet to come, can't use the word satisfied," he said addressing the media outside the UK Parliament.
Talking about his son, he said, "He was straightforward, honest and caring son. I wanted to give him the best."
UK MP OF Indian origin Keith Vaz said, "I would make sure that effort is made that no such incident takes place again."
Earlier, Bidve family arrived from India to take the body of the 23-year-old back home for final rites.
Anuj, a postgraduate student of Microelectronics at Lancaster University, was killed in an unprovoked attack from point blank range after a brief conversation on December 26.
A man identified as Kiaran Stapleton, who described himself as "Psycho Stapleton" in the court, has been charged with the murder.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"