WB: 2 more babies die in Malda Medical College
Officials at the hospital said that both babies were suffering from pneumonia.
New Delhi: Taking the crib death toll to 26 in Malda, two more babies died on Sunday at the Malda Medical College. "Two more babies have died last night. Both were suffering from pneumonia," Officials said.
Seven babies had died on January 18 while three had passed away on January 19 in the same hospital attached to the Malda Medical College.
Earlier officials had said that the babies were brought to them in a critical condition with bronchopneumonia.
In other cases, the babies were born premature and underweight in some rural hospitals from where they were referred.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?