No Bharat Ratna this year: PMO sources
Music maestro Bhupen Hazarika has been conferred the Padma Vibhushan along with cartoonnist Mario Miranda.
New Delhi: Ending speculation over a sportsperson getting the highest civilian honour, the government on Wednesday made it clear that there will be no Bharat Ratna this year, the PMO sources said.
The government on Wednesday announced the Padma awards. Music maestro Bhupen Hazarika has been conferred the Padma Vibhushan along with cartoonnist Mario Miranda and both have been honoured with the coveted title posthumously.
Meanwhile, actors Shabana Azmi, Dharmendra and filmmaker Mira Nair will be presented with Padma Bhushan. Aritsts Jatin Das and Anish Kapoor will also be honoured with Padma Bhushan each.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)