Talwars seek case transfer from Ghaziabad to Delhi
The Aarushi murder case was up for hearing on Saturday in the Ghaziabad court.
New Delhi: Parents of murdered Noida teenager Aarushi, Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar have approached the Supreme Court seeking transfer of the case from the Ghaziabad court, where the matter was scheduled to come up for hearing on Saturday, to Delhi, citing security concerns.
The Supreme Court issued a notice to the CBI and said that the Ghaziabad court will consider transferring the case to Delhi if the Talwars rake the matter up.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence on May 16, 2008 and the body of the Talwars' domestic help, Hemraj, who too was murdered, was found on the terrace of their house the next day.
Both Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were named the prime accused in the murder of their 14-year-old daughter.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology