DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
K'taka Education Minister VS Acharya dies
Acharya had not been keeping well for some time. He is survived by wife, four sons and a daughter.
Bangalore: Senior BJP leader and Karnataka higher education minister VS Acharya collapsed while attending a function and died in Bangalore on Tuesday. Acharya, 71, was soon after rushed to a hospital, officials said.
He is survived by wife, four sons and a daughter. He was not keeping well for some time. "He (Acharya) is no more with us", Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, said as he rushed to the hospital to pay his last respects.
A member of the legislative council, he also held the portfolios of planning and statistics, information technology and biotechnology.
A registered medical practitioner, Acharya, born on July 6, 1940, started his political career in the erstwhile Bharatiya Jana Sangh and was president of Udupi city municipality from 1968 to 1976.
Acharya had served as home minister in the BS Yeddyurappa ministry.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi