K'taka Education Minister VS Acharya dies
Acharya had not been keeping well for some time. He is survived by wife, four sons and a daughter.
Bangalore: Senior BJP leader and Karnataka higher education minister VS Acharya collapsed while attending a function and died in Bangalore on Tuesday. Acharya, 71, was soon after rushed to a hospital, officials said.
He is survived by wife, four sons and a daughter. He was not keeping well for some time. "He (Acharya) is no more with us", Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, said as he rushed to the hospital to pay his last respects.
A member of the legislative council, he also held the portfolios of planning and statistics, information technology and biotechnology.
A registered medical practitioner, Acharya, born on July 6, 1940, started his political career in the erstwhile Bharatiya Jana Sangh and was president of Udupi city municipality from 1968 to 1976.
Acharya had served as home minister in the BS Yeddyurappa ministry.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards