Chennai: Sasikala's husband arrested
Sasikala and her relatives, including her husband, were expelled from the AIADMK in Dec 2011.
Chennai: Adding to the woes of Sasikala and her family, the Chennai Police on Saturday arrested her husband, Natarajan in connection with a land grabbing case. The case was registered against him in Thanjavur. Sasikala was a close confidante of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for several years.
However, in December 2011, she expelled her and her relatives from the AIADMK, which political observers say, was a result of unprecedented interference in government and party affairs by Sasikala and her relations.
On Saturday, a Bangalore court recorded Sasikala's statements in the disproportionate assets case involving the Tamil Nadu CM.
Sasikala claimed that Jayalalithaa was not involved in the case. "Jayalalithaa is not involved in the affairs of partnership. I alone operated the bank account. Jaya was a partner but not involved in affairs. I take blame for some of the things," she said in court.
She even broke down in court during her questioning.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw