Bhanwari case: Raj HC asks CBI to file affidavit
The next date for hearing in Bhanwari Devi habeas corpus petition is on February 27.
New Delhi: Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday directed CBI to file an affidavit supporting their petition for closure of the habeas corpus petition filed by Amarchand in the Bhanwari Devi case. The next date for hearing in Bhanwari Devi habeas corpus petition is on February 27.
Earlier, The Rajasthan High Court had ruled that the CBI can summon all those required for questioning through a written notice in Bhanwari Devi case, and dismissed the petition filed by 85-year-old Amri Devi, regarding her summoning by the agency for interrogation.
The court over ruled objection of the petitioner that "innocent persons" in the case should not be summoned and gave green signal to the CBI. However, it cautioned the investigating agency to adhere strictly to the law while calling them. Devi's counsel Sunil Joshi had said that the CBI summoned her twice for interrogation, which is violation of Section 160 of the CrPC.
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan