DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhanwari case: Raj HC asks CBI to file affidavit
The next date for hearing in Bhanwari Devi habeas corpus petition is on February 27.
New Delhi: Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday directed CBI to file an affidavit supporting their petition for closure of the habeas corpus petition filed by Amarchand in the Bhanwari Devi case. The next date for hearing in Bhanwari Devi habeas corpus petition is on February 27.
Earlier, The Rajasthan High Court had ruled that the CBI can summon all those required for questioning through a written notice in Bhanwari Devi case, and dismissed the petition filed by 85-year-old Amri Devi, regarding her summoning by the agency for interrogation.
The court over ruled objection of the petitioner that "innocent persons" in the case should not be summoned and gave green signal to the CBI. However, it cautioned the investigating agency to adhere strictly to the law while calling them. Devi's counsel Sunil Joshi had said that the CBI summoned her twice for interrogation, which is violation of Section 160 of the CrPC.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande