Indore: Third gangrape case in a week
The local police suspect the involvement of a policeman in the incident.
New Delhi: The city of Indore witnessed the third case of gangrape in the last 7 days as the modesty of a 30-year-old woman was allegedly outraged on Friday, letting people to ask is Indore becoming the new rape capital of the country? The incident may sent shock waves to the local administration as the police suspect the involvement of a policemen in the case.
However, police has registered an FIR against eight people and a high-level probe has been initiated. The woman was sent for medical examination, police said.
Earlier in another incident, eight persons, who claimed to be policemen, allegedly gangraped a 30-year-old woman after beating up her husband. The incident took place at a dhabha near Indore on Wednesday night, when the woman and her husband were on their way to Indore on a motorcycle after visiting a temple in Dewas, City Superintendent of Police Amrendra Singh said.
When the couple was approaching Indore, it was allegedly stopped by a group of 'policemen' near the dhaba. They started beating her husband and forced him to sit outside the dhahba while they sexually assaulted the woman inside, he alleged.
However, police are yet to confirm whether the attackers were real policemen or just civilians, who posed as cops. "It's probable that some imposters, in the name of crime branch cops, committed the crime," Singh said.
In the last one week, two cases of gangrape have been registered. While in one case two women were sexually assaulted, a 36-year-old deaf-mute woman was the victim in the other.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Champions League: Lionel Messi Hat-Trick Punishes Pep Guardiola's Error-Prone Manchester City
- Champions League: Manchester City's John Stones Keen to Test Himself Against Lionel Messi