WB: 23 hurt after villagers clash with jawans
Clashes took place following allegations that the jawans were trying to molest some local women.
New Delhi: Twenty-three people including 20 jawans were injured after villagers clashed with the security forces at Salua near Kharagpur in West Midnapore district of West Bengal.
Sources said that the clashes took place following allegations that the jawans were trying to molest some local women at a rural fair on Friday evening.
The injured were admitted to Kharagpur hospital.
- Karan Johar, Badshah to Team Up For a TV Show
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 3 Points: Fox News Poll
- US Polls: Have Given USD 100 Million to Campaign, Will Do More, Says Trump
- Donald Trump is the Poster Boy For All That Ails US Economy: Hillary Clinton
- Illegal Immigrants: Expedite National Register of Citizens in Assam, Says SC
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields