WB: 23 hurt after villagers clash with jawans
Clashes took place following allegations that the jawans were trying to molest some local women.
New Delhi: Twenty-three people including 20 jawans were injured after villagers clashed with the security forces at Salua near Kharagpur in West Midnapore district of West Bengal.
Sources said that the clashes took place following allegations that the jawans were trying to molest some local women at a rural fair on Friday evening.
The injured were admitted to Kharagpur hospital.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan