IPS officer killing: Wife demands CBI probe
Slain IPS officer Narender Kumar's wife has demanded CBI probe into her husband's killing, saying it was a murder and not accident.
New Delhi: Slain IPS officer Narender Kumar's wife has demanded CBI probe into her husband's killing, saying it was a murder and not accident. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan had ordered a judicial probe into the incident.
The probe into the incident that sparked an outrage was announced by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, a day after 30-year-old Narendra Kumar Singh was crushed under the wheels of a tractor-trolley driven by an alleged member of the mining mafia at Banmore in Morena district when he tried to stop the vehicle illegally carrying stones.
The distraught father of the 2009-batch IPS officer Keshav Dev claimed the killing was a "well-planned conspiracy" against his son who did not receive cooperation of local police and authorities. The state police while stating it was a case of murder claimed it did not appear "preplanned" at this stage.
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Government Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India