DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
5.2 quake hits Afghanistan, Kashmir feels tremors
The epicentre of the earthquake was said to be the Hindu Kush region.
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Afghanistan on Saturday morning, sending tremors as far as Kashmir. The epicentre of the quake was said to be the Hindu Kush region. There have been no reports of casualties so far.
"An earthquake of 5.2 magnitude was experienced at 9.46 am in Kashmir Valley," Aamir Ali, coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
This is the second tremor to shake the valley this month. On March 12, a moderate intensity quake was experienced in Kashmir Valley.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- India vs Pakistan: Top 3 Champions Trophy Encounters
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?