5.2 quake hits Afghanistan, Kashmir feels tremors
The epicentre of the earthquake was said to be the Hindu Kush region.
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Afghanistan on Saturday morning, sending tremors as far as Kashmir. The epicentre of the quake was said to be the Hindu Kush region. There have been no reports of casualties so far.
"An earthquake of 5.2 magnitude was experienced at 9.46 am in Kashmir Valley," Aamir Ali, coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
This is the second tremor to shake the valley this month. On March 12, a moderate intensity quake was experienced in Kashmir Valley.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story