5.2 quake hits Afghanistan, Kashmir feels tremors
The epicentre of the earthquake was said to be the Hindu Kush region.
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Afghanistan on Saturday morning, sending tremors as far as Kashmir. The epicentre of the quake was said to be the Hindu Kush region. There have been no reports of casualties so far.
"An earthquake of 5.2 magnitude was experienced at 9.46 am in Kashmir Valley," Aamir Ali, coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
This is the second tremor to shake the valley this month. On March 12, a moderate intensity quake was experienced in Kashmir Valley.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar