5.2 quake hits Afghanistan, Kashmir feels tremors
The epicentre of the earthquake was said to be the Hindu Kush region.
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Afghanistan on Saturday morning, sending tremors as far as Kashmir. The epicentre of the quake was said to be the Hindu Kush region. There have been no reports of casualties so far.
"An earthquake of 5.2 magnitude was experienced at 9.46 am in Kashmir Valley," Aamir Ali, coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
This is the second tremor to shake the valley this month. On March 12, a moderate intensity quake was experienced in Kashmir Valley.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right