AI plane with 140 on board skids off at Bagdogra airport
The Delhi-Bagdogra flight 880 landed at 2.15 pm but while taking a turn during taxiing one of its rear wheels veered off the tarmac.
Siliguri: An Air India plane with 140 people on board skidded off the runway on Friday shortly after landing at Bagdogra airport in Darjeeling district, airport sources said.
All passengers and crew members on board are safe and there is no significant damage to the aircraft, an airline official said.
The Delhi-Bagdogra flight 880 landed at 2.15 pm but while taking a turn during taxiing one of its rear wheels veered off the tarmac and was stuck in the soft mud in a field beside the runway, the sources said.
The passengers and crew members have alighted but the plane is still stuck there. However, normal traffic was not affected due to the incident, the sources said.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'