DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AI plane with 140 on board skids off at Bagdogra airport
The Delhi-Bagdogra flight 880 landed at 2.15 pm but while taking a turn during taxiing one of its rear wheels veered off the tarmac.
Siliguri: An Air India plane with 140 people on board skidded off the runway on Friday shortly after landing at Bagdogra airport in Darjeeling district, airport sources said.
All passengers and crew members on board are safe and there is no significant damage to the aircraft, an airline official said.
The Delhi-Bagdogra flight 880 landed at 2.15 pm but while taking a turn during taxiing one of its rear wheels veered off the tarmac and was stuck in the soft mud in a field beside the runway, the sources said.
The passengers and crew members have alighted but the plane is still stuck there. However, normal traffic was not affected due to the incident, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi