CID to probe German Bakery accused murder: Patil
Mohammed Siddique, an accused in the German Bakery blast case, was killed in a brawl in Yerawada jail in Pune on Friday.
New Delhi: Maharashtra Home Minister and NCP leader RR Patil on Friday promised CID investigation in the murder of the German Bakery blast accused in the Yerawada jail on Friday.
"The CID will investigate this matter. It is a very serious issue," said Patil. He added that a suspension order had been given to the jail superintendent.
The Pune police on Friday claimed that the German Bakery blast accused was strangled to death in the Yerawada jail after a brawl.
Mohammed Siddique was arrested by the Delhi Police in 2011 in connection with various blasts. He was a close aide of Yasin Bhatkal.
The blast that ripped through the German Bakery in Pune on February 13, 2010 left 17 people dead and 50 others injured.
The police had said that the blast was a handiwork of the LeT and the Indian Mujahideen.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Trump Lauds Hindu Community's 'Fantastic' Contributions to US
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant