Goa bus accident: Police arrest driver, 7 dead
Of the 7 dead, 4 were students. One person is still missing.
Panaji: The Goa Police has arrested the driver of the school bus that met a fatal accident on Saturday morning after he lost control of the vehicle, plunging it into the Kalvi river near Aldona village near Panaji. The police confirmed that 7 people were dead, of whom 4 were students. One person is still said to be missing.
The driver alleged that the brakes of the vehicle failed and he lost control of the bus. He added that he managed to jump out before the bus plunged into the river.
The Goa Carnival, that was scheduled to be held on Sunday, was meanwhile, called off. The Chief Minister also announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakhs to the families of the victims.
Rescue operations are on at the site. A fire brigade and police divers are assisting with the search operations.
Meanwhile, a magisterial inquiry has been ordered.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action