Kerala: SC issues notice to govt on Italians' plea
The apex court refused to stay trial proceedings against the two marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen earlier this year.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to stay trial proceedings against the two Italian marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen earlier this year off the Kochi coast in Kerala.
The apex court also issued notices to the Government of India and the Kerala government on a petition filed by the marines seeking quashing of proceedings against them.
The next hearing in the case will be on August 8.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards