Kerala: SC issues notice to govt on Italians' plea
The apex court refused to stay trial proceedings against the two marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen earlier this year.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to stay trial proceedings against the two Italian marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen earlier this year off the Kochi coast in Kerala.
The apex court also issued notices to the Government of India and the Kerala government on a petition filed by the marines seeking quashing of proceedings against them.
The next hearing in the case will be on August 8.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan