DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rape accused Jalgaon NCP MLA arrested
An FIR was filed against him and his secretary for allegedly raping a lady in Nashik.
Mumbai: Jalgaon MLA Dilip Wagh, accused of rape has been arrested by crime branch from Pali Hills in Bandra in Mumbai.
An FIR was filed against him and his secretary Mahesh Mali for allegedly raping a lady in Nashik on Monday. According to the FIR, the lady said Wagh asked her to meet him on the pretext of offering her a job, and then raped her.
Additional CP, Nashik district, Ganesh Sawant said, "We are investigating the case and have registered a case under Sec 376 and Sec 506."
The lady has been admitted to Nashik Civil Hospital for tests. Police say they are investigating if the charges could be politically motivated as the alleged incident occurred soon after Wagh had a quarrel with staff at the Nashik government guest house.
The staff refused to allow him accommodation due to code of conduct regulations being in force with by-polls being held in the district. Police are still investigating the case.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere