6.2 magnitude quake hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in Pak, India
Tremors were also felt in parts of Pakistan including Lahore, Abbotabad as well as in North India including New Delhi and Kashmir.
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the richter scale hit Afghanistan on Wednesday. Tremors were also felt in parts of Pakistan including Lahore, Abbotabad, Sargodha, Islamabad, Kasur, Peshawar, Swat and Parachinar as well as in North India including New Delhi and Kashmir.
There were no initial reports of any damages. While the Pakistan Met department put the magnitude of the earthquake at 6.2, the USGS put its magnitude at 5.7 on the Richter Scale.
The earthquake comes days after a strong 7.8-magnitude earthquake hit Iran, the impact of which was also felt in Pakistan and parts of North India.
Tweets about ”Earthquake”
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- I'm the Only Top Actress Who Has Done B-grade Films: Kangana Ranaut
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'