6.2 magnitude quake hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in Pak, India
Tremors were also felt in parts of Pakistan including Lahore, Abbotabad as well as in North India including New Delhi and Kashmir.
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the richter scale hit Afghanistan on Wednesday. Tremors were also felt in parts of Pakistan including Lahore, Abbotabad, Sargodha, Islamabad, Kasur, Peshawar, Swat and Parachinar as well as in North India including New Delhi and Kashmir.
There were no initial reports of any damages. While the Pakistan Met department put the magnitude of the earthquake at 6.2, the USGS put its magnitude at 5.7 on the Richter Scale.
The earthquake comes days after a strong 7.8-magnitude earthquake hit Iran, the impact of which was also felt in Pakistan and parts of North India.
Tweets about ”Earthquake”
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)