Alexander Skarsgard tipped for 'Tarzan' role
The movie will see Tarzan living back in England after being assimilated back into society.
Los Angeles: 'True Blood' star Alexander Skarsgard is reportedly tipped to take the lead role in 'Tarzan' ahead of Henry Cavill, Charlie Hunnam and Tom Hardy. The 36-year-old actor has been linked with the role of the heroic adventurer but director David Yates is yet to make his casting preference known, reported Variety.
The movie, which has been redrafted by Adam Cozad, will see Tarzan, aka John Clayton III, living back in England after being assimilated back into society.
He is asked by Queen Victoria to travel to the Congo and team up with George Washington Williams, a civil War veteran-turned-mercenary, to tackle a fierce warlord, who has seized control of a huge diamond mine and is threatening to
Jerry Weintraub is set to produce the feature after developing it for several years and though Yates has taken on the project, Craig Brewer was initially tapped to direct.
This big screen adaptation will be the second of Edgar Rice Burroughs' classic novel, with the first being the 1999 Disney animation.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology