Algeria, India to Promote Bilateral Relations
Algeria and India have expressed their determination to promote bilateral relations both on the economic and diplomatic fronts.
Indian Vice President Shri Mohammad Hamid Ansari. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Algiers: Algeria and India have expressed their determination to promote bilateral relations both on the economic and diplomatic fronts.
After a meeting with visiting Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Speaker of the Algerian Lower House of Parliament, Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa, told the media on Tuesday that "the two countries have large potential to boost their bilateral partnerships, particularly in the areas of pharmaceutical industry, agriculture, space research and information and communications technology".
The official discussed a couple of issues with Ansari, including terrorism "which seeks to disintegrate states and societies", Xinhua news agency reported.
For his part, Ansari said the main purpose of his visit to Algiers was to give a major impetus to bilateral relations.
Ansari said Algiers and New Delhi could develop partnership projects in the fields of agriculture, environment, judicial cooperation, and in the peaceful use of atomic energy.
As for terrorist threats, the Vice President said his nation has been calling for an international convention to fight against terrorism in all its forms.
Recommended For You
- PM Modi Writes to BCCI; Asks Indian Team To Do Their Bit for Swachh India
- Malaika is a Dynamic Fashion Icon, Says Celebrity Stylist Maneka Harisinghani
- Six Times Rakhi Sawant Proved She's the Ultimate Controversy Queen of Bollywood
- Rahane Seeks Blessings of 'Super Selector' Ganesh Ahead of Third ODI
- ASEAN-India Artists' Camp: Bringing Together Art, Culture and Traditions of 11 Countries