Ali couldn't have played Manish's role in 'Tere Bin Laden 2': Abhishek
Manish Paul came on board because the story of 'Tere Bin Laden 2' demanded a new protagonist.
Mumbai: Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar, who played the lead in 'Tere Bin Laden', will be seen in a stretched cameo in the sequel to the 2010 superhit comedy, says director Abhishek Sharma.
Popular TV host Manish Paul, who made his big screen debut with 'Mickey Virus', has been roped in to play the lead.
"You will not miss Ali Zafar because he is in the film, but he is playing a stretched cameo. Only Ali could have played the role," Sharma said at a press meet Sunday.
Manish came on board because the story demanded a new protagonist.
"Ali couldn't have played Manish's (Paul) role," said the director.
"This was a very conscious decision by the producers. Usually producers don't want to change anything in a sequel, but my producers were open about it because they knew the story needed a new protagonist," he added.
Sharma told media persons that 'Tere Bin Laden 2' will hit theatres in six months time.
Pradhuman Singh continues to play an Osama Bin Laden look alike in the part two.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1