DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Alia Bhatt consciously avoided dad's banner
Alia used Dharma Production's 'SOTY' as her launch pad as she was not looking for a convenient entry in Bollywood.
Mumbai: Though Mahesh Bhatt is known for introducing new faces in filmdom, his daughter Alia decided to use Dharma Production's Student Of The Year as her launch pad as she was not looking for a convenient entry.
"I was already sorted and decided that I wouldn't be launched by my father's production (Vishesh Films). Honestly speaking, it's the easy option. Why wouldn't my father launch me? But I wanted to go somewhere else. I had to audition for it, I had to lose weight and present myself in a way that I can be accepted," Alia told reporters.
When she was asked whether by losing weight she was giving competition to much senior Farah Khan, who is also debuting as an actress with Shirin Farahd Ki Toh Nikal Padi, director Karan Johar came to her rescue and said: "We will happily give her the debut award. She used to look at Alia and say I will give you a terrible shot and rubbish steps, so that I can win the debut award (Laughs)."
Student Of The Year also features Siddharth Malhotra, and Varun Dhawan and will be released October 19.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere