Alia Bhatt not a spoilt brat in real life
Alia Bhatt plays a rich spoilt brat in 'Student of the Year' but in real life she does not hanker after big brands.
Mumbai: Alia Bhatt may play a rich spoiled girl obsessed with big brands in her debut vehicle Student Of The Year, but in real life Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan's daughter does not hanker after brands.
"As far as brands are concerned, I don't own a branded thing. I believe that I would only buy a branded item with my own money," she told IANS in a group interview.
Directed by Karan Johar, Student Of the Year is a romantic comedy also starring two newcomers - Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan. It is releasing October 19. In the film Alia will be seen as popular girl in her school, but lonely too.
"My character's name is Shanaya Singhania. She comes from a very affluent and a rich background. She loves her clothes and bags, which are branded. She also comes from a dysfunctional family, she does feel lonely and is looking for that one person who can love her unconditionally. She is witty and intelligent," the actress revealed.
There were reports suggesting that Alia was not happy with the response to the promo.But she denied it saying: "That's not at all true. I am very happy with the promo and everything about the film."
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw