Alia Bhatt: Won't let Karan Johar down in 'SOTY'
The young actress has been promoting the film with two other newcomers Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan.
New Delhi: Mahesh Bhatt's 19-year-old daughter Alia Bhatt, who is making her debut with Karan Johar's 'Student of the Year', says she will prove that her director's confidence in newcomers was right. The young actress has been promoting the film with two other newcomers Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, son of director David Dhawan. Alia says she is determined to prove her acting capabilities with this film.
"He (Johar) has worked with the best in the industry while neither of us had ever faced the camera before. I have to ensure that he is not let down. There is a pressure of different kind. We all want to make the audience happy as once
they accept you, all noises die down," she said.
Alia says Karan, who is working with the newcomers for the first time, was patient with them. "I was very nervous working with Karan. I couldn't ever
imagine that he would be so patient with us. He has worked with the best people and we used to give so many takes. He understood that we were newcomers and had to be guided."
The actress admits that having a cinema background helps initially but says ultimately it all comes down to talent. "Yes, being from a film family helps because you get a good platform and recognition. However, many people don't
understand that at the end of the day, I am an individual performing in front of the camera and Bhatt lineage doesn't make any difference whatsoever," she said.
Alia says her director father is very excited about her debut film. "He is the most excited of the lot. He has been sharing feedback with me on a constant basis. Whenever he likes something, he tells me," she said.
'Student of the Year' releases all over this Friday.
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court