Aligarh: AMU VC bans motorcycles inside the campus
AMU Vice Chancellor Lt General Zameer Uddin Shah said that motorcycle gangs indulge in anti-social activities.
Aligarh: The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) authorities has banned motorcycles in the campus to rein in hooliganism by motorcycle-borne youngsters. The university administration has also asked the students residing in hostels not to keep motorcycles.
According to AMU Vice Chancellor Lt General Zameer Uddin Shah motorcycle gangs roam in the university campus and indulge in anti-social activities leading to law and order problems and inconveniencing students and teachers. Shah has also written to the parents of all the male students living in hostels and asked them not to allow their wards to bring motorcycles to the campus.
He also claimed that the keeping motorcycles was leading to class-conflicts between the rich and the poor students at the campus. The vice chancellor also said that if a male student brings a motorcycle or a scooter to the campus, he would not be provided hostel accommodation.
In an open letter to all faculty members and students, he stated that if a student can afford a motorcycle, he can also afford to live outside the university campus. He clarified that this restriction will not apply to female students.
Following the order against motorcycles, students have demanded that the VC should be suspended.
(With additional information from IANS)
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party LIVE: Mulayam Singh Yadav expels Ram Gopal for 6 years from party; Shivpal Yadav says he conspired with BJP- FirstPost
- This co-operative society manager with Rs 8,000 salary is a crorepati - Pradesh18
- Boy tied to pole, mercilessly beaten for stealing cigarettes from a shop - Pradesh18