DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Alize Cornet overcomes Agnieszka Radwanska to reach Katowice final
Top-seeded Radwanska of Poland was overcome by Cornet of France 0-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the Katowice Open semi-finals on Saturday.
Poland: Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland was overcome by Alize Cornet of France 0-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the Katowice Open semi-finals on Saturday. Cornet will face first-time WTA finalist Camila Giorgi of Italy.
Radwanska didn't concede a set to Cornet in three previous matches, including at Indian Wells last month, and the hometown favorite won the first set quickly. Cornet levelled, but Radwanska had a point for 4-0 in the third when she began to unravel. Cornet won six of the last seven games for only her second career win over a top-three player.
She will play for her fourth career title against Giorgi, who beat third-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 7-6 (2), 6-4. Giorgi, who hadn't reached a WTA quarterfinals until this week, beat two top-20 players in the same tournament for the second time.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong