Alize Cornet overcomes Agnieszka Radwanska to reach Katowice final
Top-seeded Radwanska of Poland was overcome by Cornet of France 0-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the Katowice Open semi-finals on Saturday.
Poland: Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland was overcome by Alize Cornet of France 0-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the Katowice Open semi-finals on Saturday. Cornet will face first-time WTA finalist Camila Giorgi of Italy.
Radwanska didn't concede a set to Cornet in three previous matches, including at Indian Wells last month, and the hometown favorite won the first set quickly. Cornet levelled, but Radwanska had a point for 4-0 in the third when she began to unravel. Cornet won six of the last seven games for only her second career win over a top-three player.
She will play for her fourth career title against Giorgi, who beat third-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 7-6 (2), 6-4. Giorgi, who hadn't reached a WTA quarterfinals until this week, beat two top-20 players in the same tournament for the second time.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1