Allahabad: Shankaracharyas boycott Maha Kumbh
The four Shankaracharyas have decided to boycott the Maha Kumbh as they had asked the administration to give them a common place and not four different areas for Chatuspath.
Allahabad: Maha Kumbh 2013 started in Allahabad on Monday and around 1crore devotees are expected to take the holy bath at the confluence or Sangam of Ganga, Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati on Makar Sankranti. Even as the Maha Kumbh began, a controversy has erupted.
The four Shankaracharyas have decided to boycott the Maha Kumbh as they had asked the administration to give them a common place and not four different areas for Chatuspath. But after the administration rejected their demand, the shankaracharyas decided to boycott the Maha Kumbh.
Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Maharaj said that people were not coming to the Kumbh due to the pollution in the rivers and now the administration has decided against giving them a common place. He said that when they have not got the land, then there is no point in attending the Maha Kumbh, which takes place once in 12 years and this year it is considered to be very auspicious due to a planetary alignment that takes once every 147 years.
Adi Shankaracharya had established four peeths or maths in. They are Jyotirmath Badrika Ashram Himalaya, Sharda Peeth, Dwarka, Puri-Jagannath and is Shringeri Peeth, Karnataka. But none of the four shankaracharya will attend Maha Kumbh, 2013.
According to the DM Kumbh Mani Prasad Mishra Shringeri Peeth is controversial and he could not understand why just one peeth was talking on behalf of the other three too. The disciples of the Shankarachayas have also boycotted the Kumbh.
Shrada peeth Shankaracharya Swaroopananda's disciple Paripoornananda sat on a fast unto death and then suddenly disappeared. Police have not been able to find them. According to the SSP Kumbh Mela RKS Rathore police are investigating the matter.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is trying to shield the police and the administration. He said that officers are in touch with the shankaracharyas and have requested then to come back for the Kumbh.
- Russia Asks Pakistan to Take Steps to Contain Terror Groups
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- My supporters will teach CM Nitish Kumar a lesson: Shahabuddin on bail cancellation - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18