DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Allahabad stampede: UP govt orders inquiry
Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury said that there was no laxity on the state government's part.
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday ordered an inquiry into the stampede at Allahabad Railway Station and asked the Railways to make proper arrangement to clear the rush of pilgrims who have gathered for Maha-Kumbh from all over the country. At least 10 persons were killed and scores of others injured in a stampede at Allahabad Railway Station teeming with thousands of pilgrims returning after a holy dip at the Maha Kumbh in Allahabad.
"The state government has ordered an inquiry into the incident. The 'snan' at Kumbh was completed without any problem...the unfortunate incident took place at the railway station...Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered an inquiry," Samajwadi Party spokesman and Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Defending local administration, Chowdhury said there was no laxity on its part and it was the failure of the Railways, which should have run more trains to deal with the rush. He said that CM has asked the Centre to run more trains to clear the rush in Allahabad.
Recommended For You
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet