Almagro reaches quarters after Tipsarevic retires
Tipsarevic retired from his fourth-round match at the Australian Open with an injured left foot while trailing Nicolas Almagro 6-2, 5-1.
Melbourne: Eighth-seeded Janko Tipsarevic retired from his fourth-round match at the Australian Open with an injured left foot while trailing Nicolas Almagro 6-2, 5-1 on Sunday.
The 10th-seeded Almagro advanced to a quarter-final against fellow Spaniard David Ferrer, who beat Japan's Kei Nishikori in straight sets.
Tipsarevic said he injured the foot while changing directions during a rally late in the seventh game of the first set, and could barely walk on it afterward.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan
- I am an Allahabadi Goonda, Katju Tells Raj Thackeray on Row Over Pak Artistes