DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Alonso sets the pace in first practice of Spanish Grand Prix
Alonso clocked 1 minute, 25.252 seconds, making him 0.203 seconds quicker than Felipe Massa.
Barcelona, Spain: Ferrari teammates Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa posted the fastest times in the first practice session of the Spanish Grand Prix on Friday.
After light rainfall early on, the track started to dry out midway through and times started tumbling towards the end of the session.
Alonso clocked 1 minute, 25.252 seconds, making him 0.203 seconds quicker than Massa, who slowed down when he clipped a kerb late on.
Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne was third quickest for Toro Rosso, ahead of countryman Romain Grosjean in his Lotus.
Three-time Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel took things easy and finished in 19th place, ahead of teammate Mark Webber, as Red Bull took it easy in tricky conditions.
Former champ Jenson Button chose not to go out on the track. The second practice is later Friday.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh