DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Noted music entrepreneur Alurkar found stabbed, dead
He was found dead on the floor of the recording studio of his house.
Pune: Musician Suresh Shridhar Alurkar, known in music circles across India for his vast collection of rare classics, was found stabbed in his Pune house on Sunday afternoon. He was the owner of Alurkar Music House.
The musician was discovered lying in a pool of dried blood, by his neighbour at his Karve Road residence on Sunday afternoon.
His hands and feet were bound with wire. A knife was found at the crime scene. The body has been sent for post-portem. The 59-year-old was last seen on Saturday afternoon.
He lived alone and had been running the shop for several years. Alurkar's music store was well known for its stock of rare and old Marathi music.
Alurkar was reportedly found dead with many stab wounds on the floor of the recording studio situated in a part of his house.
Alurkar is survived by his wife Anuradha and sons Vineet and Varun.
He used to stay alone at his residence at Swapnanagri Society. Police suspect that he may have been dead several hours earlier to discovery.
To collect evidence, sniffer dogs were pressed into service. The body has been sent for post-mortem. The murder motive is being ascertained, the police said.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere