DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Amar Singh not to take action if media airs CD
The said CD is unauthorised and even the government has accepted the fact, said Amar Singh.
Azamgarh: Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has said he would not initiate action against news channels if contents of the controversial CDs allegedly containing his telephonic conversations are aired by them.
"The said CD is unauthorised and even the government has accepted the fact. Under such circumstances if the contents of the CD are aired by television channels, then I will take no action," Singh told reporters after a programme at Jahanaganj last night.
He claimed that when his telephonic conversations were tapped 24 hours for a year, a CD was prepared after picking words from his various conversations and splicing them.
"When the solicitor general and attorney general had said that the CD is unauthorised what can I say on that," founder of Lok Manch party said.
The Supreme Court had on May 11 lifted its 2006 gag order on the media for broadcasting and publishing contents of the taped conversations of Singh with top politicians, Bollywood stars and corporate tycoons.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics