DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nepali student's husband denies hand in deportation
Neetu's husband is an influential leader in Nepal.
New Delhi: In the case of deportation of Neetu Singh - a Nepali national who was studying at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune - her estranged husband, Amaresh, an influential Nepali leader who has been accused of being behind the move, has broken his silence.
He told CNN-IBN, "Neetu's charges are baseless. This is a political conspiracy. I have not got Neetu deported. This is an absurd charge. I haven't met or spoken to Neetu in over a year and I am not in hiding. Neetu has nothing to fear from me."
Neetu was picked up from her hostel in Pune on December 5 and deported to Nepal.
According to reports, she was deported because of her alleged involvement in 'anti-national' activities.
The All India Democratic Women's Association though alleged Neetu contacted them earlier claiming that Amaresh was harassing her.
Meanwhile, the Home Ministry said has sought a report from the Maharashtra Police on the issue as local police "exceeded its brief".
Recommended For You
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Virat Kohli & Co to Watch Movie Together
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances