Amarnath Yatra: Post offices to register pilgrims
100 post offices across the country would register devotees for the annual pilgrimage this year.
Srinagar: The Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Monday said 100 post offices across the country would register devotees for the annual pilgrimage this year. The post offices are located in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar and Gujarat, an SASB spokesman said.
The list of all the 100 post offices was available on the website of the Board, he said. The post offices would start registering pilgrims from May 15, the spokesman said. The pilgrims could also register on-line on the website of the Shrine Board from May seven onwards, he said.
Intending pilgrims needed to obtain health certificates from registered medical practitioners before seeking a Yatra permit, the spokesman said. "Even those Yatris who register on-line shall need to furnish health certificates for embarking on the pilgrimage," he said.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18