Amazon to launch Android-based gaming console this year for under $300: Report
The device reportedly will compete against consoles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
New Delhi: No matter how many times Amazon has passed up rumours of its upcoming gaming console, a new report has emerged claiming that Amazon will launch its Android-based gaming device this year at a price under $300.
The device reportedly will compete against consoles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Citing unnamed sources, the report said, it will allow users to stream and download games, music, movies and TV content.
"Senior publishing sources have been meeting with Amazon for a briefing on the hardware - which currently goes by a number of different codenames - and popular Android and iOS games have been used to demo the device. The unit being shown to publishers at this point is said to be roughly the same size as the PSone redesign, grey in colour, oblong in shape and with sharp edges. However, the pre-production unit is likely to have a full makeover before any official release," said the report.
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- To Me, Books Are More Important Than Films: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom