Amazon to launch Android-based gaming console this year for under $300: Report
The device reportedly will compete against consoles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
New Delhi: No matter how many times Amazon has passed up rumours of its upcoming gaming console, a new report has emerged claiming that Amazon will launch its Android-based gaming device this year at a price under $300.
The device reportedly will compete against consoles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Citing unnamed sources, the report said, it will allow users to stream and download games, music, movies and TV content.
"Senior publishing sources have been meeting with Amazon for a briefing on the hardware - which currently goes by a number of different codenames - and popular Android and iOS games have been used to demo the device. The unit being shown to publishers at this point is said to be roughly the same size as the PSone redesign, grey in colour, oblong in shape and with sharp edges. However, the pre-production unit is likely to have a full makeover before any official release," said the report.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- India, China Discuss Security and Cooperation to Combat Terror
- France Welcomes India's Move to Ratify Climate Change Agreement
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand