Amazon to launch film streaming service
Amazon's service would compete directly with Netflix.
Bangalore: US online retailer Amazon.com is developing a film streaming service, which would compete directly with Netflix Inc, the Financial Times said.
Amazon is planning to bundle access to the streaming service with Amazon Prime, a scheme that guarantees Amazon customers unlimited free shipping of books and other items sold by the online retailer after paying an initial fee, the FT said, citing a person familiar with Amazon's plans.
Amazon's has just agreed to buy the 58 per cent of British DVD and games rental firm Lovefilm that it does not already own for an undisclosed price. Amazon did not immediately respond to Reuters calls seeking comment.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right