DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Amazon's first smartphone release may be delayed: Report
Rumours have hinted that the production progress at its manufacturing partner, Foxconn International Holdings (FIH), has not been as smooth as expected.
New Delhi: Speculations are rife that Amazon's much-awaited first smartphone may not come up in the second quarter of 2013, as scheduled, reports Digitimes. Rumours have hinted that the production progress at its manufacturing partner, Foxconn International Holdings (FIH), has not been as smooth as expected.
"The production of Amazon's much-fanfared smartphone is still under its engineering verification test (EVT) period due to issues related to its mobile platform, the sources indicated, adding that the development of the smartphone is being handled by FIH's subsidiary Ensky Tech, which has been responsible for the production of Amazon's e-book readers and tablets," says the report.
As per Amazon's original roadmap, the planned smartphone should complete its production verification test (PVT) in the first quarter of 2013 and enter mass production a quarter later.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan