SC to hear PIL on Mukesh Ambani's 'Z' category security status
CRPF had deployed an elite squad of its commandos for securing Ambani who has been accorded a 'Z' category security.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday will continue to hear the PIL on Reliance Industries Limited chairman and CEO Mukesh Ambani's 'Z' category security status. In the previous hearing, the apex court had sought an explanation from the Centre on why 'Z' category security was being provided to Ambani, who is a private businessman, when the common had none.
"Individuals are given security, but what about the security of the common man," the apex court had asked. "The 5-year-old child would not have been raped if there was proper security in the capital," it had added.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) had deployed an elite squad of its commandos for securing Ambani who has been accorded a 'Z' category security after the Home Ministry analysed security threats to the industrialist and found them to be 'positive'.
The CRPF subsequently earmarked a 28-member team for the job, taking personnel out from its battalion based in Uttar Pradesh.
Sometime back, Ambani's office had also informed the Mumbai police about threat letters being issued to the honcho purportedly on behalf of the home grown terror group Indian Mujahideen (IM).
(With Additional Inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"