SC to hear PIL on Mukesh Ambani's 'Z' category security status
CRPF had deployed an elite squad of its commandos for securing Ambani who has been accorded a 'Z' category security.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday will continue to hear the PIL on Reliance Industries Limited chairman and CEO Mukesh Ambani's 'Z' category security status. In the previous hearing, the apex court had sought an explanation from the Centre on why 'Z' category security was being provided to Ambani, who is a private businessman, when the common had none.
"Individuals are given security, but what about the security of the common man," the apex court had asked. "The 5-year-old child would not have been raped if there was proper security in the capital," it had added.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) had deployed an elite squad of its commandos for securing Ambani who has been accorded a 'Z' category security after the Home Ministry analysed security threats to the industrialist and found them to be 'positive'.
The CRPF subsequently earmarked a 28-member team for the job, taking personnel out from its battalion based in Uttar Pradesh.
Sometime back, Ambani's office had also informed the Mumbai police about threat letters being issued to the honcho purportedly on behalf of the home grown terror group Indian Mujahideen (IM).
(With Additional Inputs from PTI)
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18